Thursday, November 14, 2013

‘OUR CHEMISTRY WAS ORGANIC’ – DEEPIKA PADUKONE


The leading actors of Eros International and Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh recently spoke to Bollywood reporter Sunny Malik via a video conference from Mumbai.
Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhanramsali, Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela is the story of Ram (Ranveer Singh), the local village Romeo – a colourful, charming yet dramatic vagabond and Leela (Deepika Padukone) – an unbridled and passionate village Juliet. The only thing in common between these two strangers is their families’ hatred for each other. The two communities have been sworn enemies since the past 500 years and their own kin falling in love with each other is worse than any storm that could have ever come.
When Ram and Leela see each other for the first time, their worlds collide, wars are fought and destinies are written in blood, forever. Set in a land of guns, vengeance against a magnificent musical backdrop, Ram and Leela fight the world to live their own dreams.
Ranveer Singh’s physical transformation 
Ram-Leela-Ranveer-Singh-Shirtless“It was a very long process to transform physically to be Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Ram. I enjoy working out, going to the gym and physical activity but the hard part was the diet. That was where I had to sacrifice and stay away from chocolates, which I absolutely love. That’s where it gets hard. I wouldn’t wish the diet I was on even on my worst enemies. You will be put off, if you see photos of what I had to eat. A special expert had been flown down from the UK to train me for a twelve week plan with workouts twice a day and controlled meal portions. We had to do it because Mr. Bhansali decided that he wanted to showcase my physicality. He said that every girl who watches the film should lust after Ram and every guy should lust to be like Ram. He said that I need to look sexy and I am glad that I did hit the gym hard because I am very happy with the results. The response I got was great. I am happy that it has been captured on celluloid because you can’t keep such physicality for a long time as it affects your central nervous system and your body starts feeling deprived.”

Our Chemistry was organic – Deepika Padukone
Ram-Leela Deepika kisses Ranveer SinghThe first scene I had to shoot for the film was a sequence you see in the song ‘Lahu Munh Lag Gaya’. I put some colour on Ranveer’s face and then there is the kiss. It was my first day on the film and we didn’t rehearse, plan or discuss it beforehand. It was given to us when we got the sets. I have always believed that everything happens for a reason. Me and Ranveer had only spent some time together doing workshops but I had not spent any time with him as a co-star before that scene. I think, the fact that I was not familiar with him, worked for the scene. It worked out well because in the film, it’s the first time they meet. The chemistry that you see between us is very organic. It just happened

No comments:

Post a Comment